The love for Rasulullah Sallallahu Alyhiwasallam attracts millions of Muslims from all around the world to come and visit Madina. And one of the experiences they want is to pray Jumuah in Masjid An-Nabawi. Here are some things to keep in mind when going to Masjid An-Nabawi, the Prophet’s Mosque, to pray Jumuah which are applicable for both brothers and sisters:
Jumuah Advice at Masjid An-Nabawi
1. Go 2-3 hours before Jumuah time to find a decent place to sit inside (there is plenty of spaces available on the roof and the Masjid compound on the marble floors outside). It’s the busiest day of the week so expect a larger number of crowd.
2. Unlike Masjid Al-Haram, the Masjid An-Nabawi has umbrellas all around it for shade. Nevertheless, take a pair of sunglasses with you and a bottle of water.
3. Keep some water with you or sit close to a Zam Zam Water barrel (be careful as it might be slippery) to have easy access
4. Expect delays when coming out from the Masjid due to the large number of crowd and security cordoned areas. Here some people will be heading to the Rawdah and to give Salam to Rasulullah Sallallahu Alyhiwasallam, so expect people to be walking in different directions when the Salah is finished.
5. Avoid sitting in direct sunlight even on the roof and outside the Masjid
6. Take sunglasses and a drawstring bag to keep your footwear (shoes and sandals) with you
7. Maintain Wudu as you might be in the Masjid for a while (Those finding it difficult due to health reasons might want to pray outside the Masjid where there is wudu and toilet facilities)
8. Try to sit on a carpeted area for comfort or keep a spare prayer mat with you, as the marble floor can get cold and hard for some
9. Keep any required medication on you as you might be delayed when coming out
10. Don’t go sightseeing as you’ll end up losing your space!
11. Engage yourself in worship, read Surah Kahf as it has great virtues, send Salawat upon Rasulullah Sallallau Alyiwasallam and plenty more to do!
12. Expect the guards to check your bag, be polite and let them do their job
13. Avoid taking food inside, most likely the guards won’t let you in with food
Some of the above points were shared by friends, so please make Dua for them